‘Baked Mexian Chicken’; sounds terribly good and fresh. Isn’t it? This made me feel so motivated that I immediately got up and moved my lazy bum towards the super market and got my cart full with the ingredients I needed. And by 10 o’clock my delicious baked Mexican chicken was ready to serve on my dining table.
- Clean chicken pieces and pat it dry with the help of kitchen towels. Make few diagonal slashes in the pieces with knife and pierce with a fork. Brush little butter on the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add garlic, parsley, oregano, pepper powder, salt and half of chili flakes and mix well (a).
- Take salsa sauce in a shallow bowl (b).
- Take another bowl filled with bread crumbs. Mix rest chili flakes with it (c).
- Pre-heat the oven at 210°C.
- Now dip chicken pieces in (a), (b) and (c). Repeat the process to make sure all the pieces are well coated.
- Place the chicken pieces in an ungreased baking tray and bake for 45-60 mins. Do peep time to time and turn over the pieces once (after 30 mins).
- Once chicken pieces are tender yet fully cooked (use your regular fork to ensure there is no pinkish strain inside the chicken pieces) take out the pan, (must) do some oil brush and put it back in the oven for 10 mins in grill mode to achieve that ‘deep fried’ look.
- Your baked Mexican chicken is done. Serve with spicy salsa sauce and sour cream.
Serve Hot along with sour cream, fresh salad and Salsa Dip.
I am submitting this recipe to http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com for their Linky Party.