- Potato: 2 cup, cut into small cubes
- Asafoetida (hing): ¼ tsp
- Peppercorn or whole black pepper (gota golmorich): ½ tsp
- Crushed black pepper (golmorich powder): 1 tsp (See Notes)
- Salt: ½ tsp or to taste
- Sugar: ½ tsp or to taste (optional)
- Clarified butter (Ghee): 1tbsp Or white oil: 2½ tbsp (See Notes)
- Hot water: 1 cup.(See Notes)
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a hot pan/wok, add hing or asafoetida, bay leaves and peppercorns to sizzle a bit.
- Add cubed potatoes in the pan and stir well to coat potatoes with oil. Add sugar and salt.
- Sprinkle crushed black pepper and add hot water.
- Once water starts boiling cover the pan and keep on simmer for 10-15 mins or until potates are done.
- Serve hot with Luchi or Paratha or Ruti.
2. Use ghee (clarified butter) and white oil 1:1 ratio to cut down calorie.
3. Always use hot water while making curries unless specified differently. Adding cold/regular water to curry creates sudden temperature drop in the curry which results uneven cooking of veggies and spices.
Eat, Love & Enjoy! And Repeat!!!