It is a myth that only children and teenagers are in love with chips/wafers/any fried snacks. But I believe we all know the fact. Actually we all love them ALL equally. At least I look for excuses to grab a packet whenever I visit super markets. Yeah I know I shouldn’t but what to do. I’m a big heartened person. How can I disobey them when they are calling me so romantically? (eeewwwww but it’s true. Only I can hear them I guess :P)
Instead of so many objections I relish them all the time. Once I asked few of my friends who ain’t big fan of chips, regarding the reason behind their dislike, and what I gathered was they get bored with the flavors very easily and few simply doesn’t like the taste. So I just thought why not make this little worthy and tasty.
This chili salsa dip is a Mexican style dip which can be paired with anything. Be it chips, fries, lentils even as toppings on biscuits, crackers and toasts. This dip has become so close friend of my fridge that you can always find even a small bowl of it in the fridge:P.
Chili Salsa Dip/ Sauce
Recipe type: Condiment
- Red onion (finely chopped): 1 (large)
- Tomato (roughly chopped): 3 (medium)
- Red pepper (roughly chopped): 1 (medium)
- Green chili (roughly chopped): 8-10
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Garlic paste (fresh): 1 tsp
- Chili powder: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp (optional)
- Dried oregano: 1 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper: 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- White vinegar: 1 tsp
- Oil: 1tbsp
- Water: 1 tea-cup
- Make 3 different pastes of (a) onion and garlic, (b) tomato and green chili and finally (c) red pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin and sugar.
- Add onion-garlic (a) paste and fry few mins.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder (if using any), tomato and green chili (b) paste and red pepper (c) paste. Fry until oil separates from the masala.
- Now add white vinegar mixed with ¼ cup water, dried oregano, pepper and salt.
- Let it boil for ⅔ mins.
- Here your salsa dip is ready to serve. Proceed to make the sauce.
- Add water and put it on high flame. Keep boiling for approximately 2 mins.
- Chili-salsa sauce is ready to use.
These dip and sauce, both can be preserved in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Just use an air tight container.