Here you go with the recipe on how to make perfect Instant Nolen Gurer Mishti Doi aka Quick Sweet Yogurt with Date Palm Jaggery in 10 mins.
- Greek yogurt: 800 ml
- Or, full fat or regular yogurt: 800ml
- Jaggery, powdered: ⅔ cup (adjust the amount according to personal preference)
- Ground cardamom: ¼ tsp (optional), I dint use any
- To Serve:
- Handful of chopped almonds or pistachios
- Little bit or grated jaggery or few spoons of molasses
- Make hung curd by keeping the yogurt in muslin lined colander for an hr.
- Mix hung curd and jaggery in a large bowl and whisk until jaggery blends with yogurt.
- Add cardamom is desired.
- Distribute the mixture in individual earthen or ceramic pots and seal the pots with foil or cling film.
- Refrigerate doi for 5 mins to 1 hr or until sets.
- Serve chilled.
2. Make sure you keep the speed of electric whisk on lowest possible number and don’t whisk more than 2 mins at a time. Otherwise yogurt can split and it will never hold together again.
3. The aroma of wet earthen pots actually enriches the flavour of any kind of doi/dahi/ yogurt.
4. The most important step of this instant yogurt recipe is chilling the yogurt in refrigerator for 5-10 mins minimum. Otherwise yogurt won’t set, it will be more like dense sweet cream. More chilling time equals to thicker mishti doi.